Thursday, July 31, 2008

Things I Love About Summer

I love eating watermelon and not having to worry about how dirty my face is. That's because Allie's will always be worse.

She is shocked and dismayed that I would ever imply that she gets dirty. That is actually my shirt she is wearing. I had to pin it to get it to stay up. She arrived with her own shirt but it had so much food on it we took it off to soak in cold water.

I love lawn chairs. The uglier the better.




The lawn chair models are pretty cute though. But don't let those sweet looks deceive you.

I love my garden. I didn't get many things to grow but look at that lovely bell pepper. Doesn't it look big? Well, you should know that the hand you see belongs to a 5 year old. So the scale is a little deceptive.

While my pepper is very happy this is my zucchini plant. Isn't it cute? And tiny? It looks like a decorative house plant. The blooms are as big as the leaves. I don't think we're going to have enough zucchini to stuff in our neighbors mailboxes. We might not have any at all. Maybe we'll have better luck next year.

What I love most of all about summer is necking in the backyard with my honey. Cheese? Yes. But also pretty timeless. And a little bit scary. He doesn't look like he's having fun and there's something strange about that girl's face.


Oh summer, won't you stay forever?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dang I wish I had a garden!

And I know Ian loves each one of your kisses. :)

redhott said...

Does that mean you think my garden looks attractive?