So summer is over. I can't deny it any more. I have been trying. For one thing last night was the first frost. We ran out late to cover the tomatoes, summer squash and the zucchini. How? With blankets, duh! How do you stay warm on cold nights?

I think real gardeners may have developed better systems than the picnic blanket but that's all I've got. Speaking of the zucchini, the plant decided to produce. One beautiful fruit and no more. The picture makes it look bigger than it really is. But they say that letting them get too big can ruin the flavor so we'll just eat it as it is. Did I mention that the summer squash is going gang busters? Have you heard enough about my garden yet? You aren't alone. My sisters roll their eyes at me when I force them to visit all my plants.
The other squash was too big to cover so I just let it die back.

Doesn't it look sad! I didn't realize how bad it would be. Now I feel like a squash killer. That's my neighbor in the background. It makes me feel better to know that he just let his entire garden die.
Another thing is school resumes tomorrow. Holy crap! I'm not really ready but today I made some phone calls and I will be splitting some of my working time with my current job and the geology lab. That's right I got a tutoring job. Last minute too. I don't want to brag but without even having a degree in Geology I will be utilizing my skills. That's the schist!
2 comments:
Good for you, you smart chickie poo.
I have to say, I'm jealous of your little garden. I really wanted one this year but the time just didn't materialize for me to do it on my own, and John is.... less than enthusiastic about working outside. I have already started mulching areas for next spring, though, and by spring I'll hopefully have lots of dead patches to dump worms into and build up some raised beds.
:)
If all else just plant some squash. I learned that they will grow just about anywhere! I intend to plant more next year.
Post a Comment