Friday, September 11, 2009

Aren't Grandmas Great

I visited mine recently. She still has Grandma curls, wears her glasses on a string around her neck and loves to paint. We talked about family, there are so many cousins' babies I can't keep track, and knitting. Then she did the most lovely thing of all:

she gave me yarn. Cones of yarn! This is a large increment. I had to resist the temptation to take more. I don't want to be an ungrateful granddaughter. It is all acrylic (I don't usually knit with it) but will do great for my beloved nephews and niece. . . I think. I have already been industrious with some of it.


This is a hat for my smallest nephew. This is mostly because this is very fine yarn and I can't imagine doing something bigger with it. But if I am ever going to use up all of this yarn (quite unlikely) I'm going to have to be more ambitious. Maybe I'll hand some of this stash down to a grandchild some day. Thanks Grandma.

No comments: