Monday, March 14, 2011

Obligatory Vacation Post

We have been back from Mexico for a week and I am just now able to see the pictures. I had some computer issues.

I find it challenging to summarize an entire trip on a blog post so this will be a whirlwind run down of our vacation.

We stayed the first three nights in Mazatlan. The hotel was pretty old. According to one guy at the hotel it was the first of its kind in Mazatlan and the guide book said John Wayne stayed there once. It was right on the beach and within walking distance of Old Mazatlan. I liked it even though the hot water was, at best, comfortably tepid. And don't get Clover started about the beds.

Our rooms faced east and the morning sun was amazing.


On our floor was also the hotel laundry, as you can see.

It was intimidating to be in a strange place with no guide. It felt like a challenge just to find places to eat. But eat we did and in some very tasty places.


We were lucky to have wonderful travel companions.

I'm bored with my own posting so I'll sum up.

There was a hike to the top of a look out for views of Mazatlan.




Ian got too much sun the first day and suffered for it the entire trip. His nose peeled so badly that I characterized it as a fissure. He did exercise caution after that.


There were crocodiles in San Blas and beautiful places to swim. There was lots of walking and an old fort. There were many fresh fruits. There was family to visit and adorable children.



There was lots of sunshine and every day was a lazy day. Pretty much perfect. And that's enough about that.

No comments: