Monday, January 26, 2009

Moose!

For REAL!! I was almost home today when I say something odd a couple of blocks down. I wasn't quite sure what it was (even though you know already). I dropped off my bags on the stoop and walked the couple of blocks for a look. I was convinced that I must be seeing things and that I was being silly but lo and behold there was a MOOSE in my neighbors yard. Cars were stopped and everyone had their cameras out. Not me as I don't really own a functioning camera. As I stood there looking at it I realized that I might be making a very bad decision. Moose can chase people down and kill them. Could it catch me in the two blocks to my house? Would the car next to me unlock its doors if I was being chased down by a killer moose? I didn't find out. There were a couple of people on their porch (James, I think it's the man you bought a Christmas tree from last year.) so I asked them about the mysterious beast on the yard. They said that a mother moose and her two babies have been in town for a couple of days. We were both impressed with the size of the "baby" moose we were seeing. "It just stepped right over my fence", said the Christmas tree man. It was awesome. Now I have seen a moose in real life, albeit a baby one.

Also, for your viewing pleasure, this is one of my favorite sights on the way home.
In the summer this is a volleyball net and some sand. Now it is the most convenient storage place for the snow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw a moose in Utah and I loved how ungainly it walked and how soft it's nose looked.

We saw a few flakes yesterday... it didn't stick.