It snowed for real this Friday. Not the wimpy little dusting but the classic everything-goes-white-kind. It feels a little early and I still miss the summer but it was exciting. I was stuck in a geology lab for three hours on Friday. When I went in the sun was straining to shine through the clouds and when I came out everything was covered and it was still coming down thick. I had already read the weather report and knew it was going to snow but that didn't prepare me for the reality. I couldn't help but do a little dance in it. I wasn't excited when I thought about it happening but when I wandered out into it I felt like a kid again. This is good; looking forward to the winter.
It was nice to come home to a warm house and sit on the couch, drinking hot chocolate and knitting. The snow also made me think of the coming winter a lot. Not in the "man, is it going to be cold!" kind of way but an excited for Christmas kind of way. So excited that I started a little Christmas knitting. Now, let's be clear here. I'm a lazy knitter and will probably only do two Christmas projects so don't get your hopes up. I will not be knitting for everyone but I still love you. Maybe next year.
2 comments:
It turned white here for a little bit on Friday except it was hail. I have never seen it hail like that before. It came down like crazy and when it was done it felt like we had jumped ahead to December. Todd and I were stuck in his jeep at the mall so we did some spinning around in the parking lot. It was fun. But now it is all gone and back to boring ol' rain.
James shed a little tear, he wishes he were there with you
Post a Comment