Sunday, May 16, 2010

I love you, Sunshine

The weather this weekend has been amazing. I spent Saturday on a field trip to a quarry in the middle of nowhere doing a mapping exercise. It was good as far as field trips go but who wants to spend a Saturday doing school work? If you answered "ME!" to the last question. . . NERD! There are no good pictures of this trip. I was focused on what I was doing and not on showing everyone later. Sorry for this otherwise respectable concentration.
Sunday was all mine. I did laundry (boring but so important for social interactions), gardened with Ian, did a little internet shopping on the phone with Clover and went to the park with Becky and Kelvin. You'll just have to trust me when I say the garden is looking much better. Lettuce, beans and carrots are coming up and we put in some basil and tomato today. I know we are leaving this summer but I really like to garden. Hopefully the next renter will love it too.
I don't have to tell you how cute Kelvin is though. He is such a poser for a camera, too.


He loved having the undivided attention of two adults at once. But he still has quite an independent streak.


He would have walked further but Mom told him he had to stay in the park. I'll admit that it is nice that he can self-entertain even when we are perfectly willing to chase him around. He will also pretend to sleep on command. Surprisingly cute.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can also pretend to sleep on command. And by pretend I mean fall asleep in about 5 minutes. :)

Clover said...

Internet shopping over the phone, the things you have to do when your sisters won't move to the funner side of the state! I am excited to see everyone soon. There will be big hugs all around.