Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ian's Graduation

Guess what we did today? Stumped? We went to a graduation ceremony for Ian. Because he is graduation from nursing school there is a slightly different ceremony known as convocation. He lit a candle, got "pinned" which was really just me putting a ribbon around his neck,
and had his plans (according to him) read aloud. It sounds like a strange combination but it was nice. It added a little that I was allowed to participate in some small way. We spent the early afternoon with his family eating barbecue. And I took some pictures after the convocation. They weren't ready for the first picture but it made me smile so that is the one I'm showing the world.
And nothing says "I'm proud of you" like a public groping! But I am proud of you, honey. You will be an excellent nurse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ian! I hope you find a lovely nursing position somewhere West. :)

RaeAnn said...

Brace yourself, now here comes the real world!