Monday, September 6, 2010

What's happing now

The last post was a while ago and between here and there I went hiking with some lovely people. I am not going to tell you that story now but it was fun and you can ask about it when you see me next.

I also had that job interview I mentioned in the last post and apparently it went well. I am now employed full time and my title is 'Geologist'. This is very exciting. I moved to Richland with my sugar pie and we are now living in a lovely house in, as my cousin tells me, the worst neighborhood in town. This makes me laugh. Too late now!
Our landlords are nice and we were able to bring down our cat. We have also been given permission to do some landscaping and this is very exciting to me. This weekend I made some headway on that front. My little brother and his sweet, plant-loving girlfriend went with me to a local plant emporium and spent what I suspect were hours there. I don't know exactly how long because time flies when you're having fun. We put the flowers in this morning.

I know they don't look impressive now but, according to Diane the plant shop lady, they will take up more space as they mature. You have no idea how much thought went into this tiny stretch of lawn. The result doesn't really reflect the effort. I am happy with it though. Hopefully it will be a riot of color come spring. Is it too early to be thinking about next spring? I hope not because I have grand gardening schemes. We put in a compost bin and hope to have lots of lovely compost. Why? I intend to put in raised beds in addition or space for squashes, ect. I miss my garden even though it wasn't very impressive this year.
I am also dreaming of chickens. I have the space and friendly landlords, a coop plan and my mom's word that she will help me build it. She has, of course, volunteered the assistance of one of her ex-husbands as well. Oh Mom! What I really need to broach the topic with my landlords but I am scared to ask. We are still new tenants and have yet to prove ourselves. Maybe I'll show them my awesome new flower patch.
We are doing well and trying to settle into a new place. It is nice to be close to James and his kids but I miss Becky and Kelvin. Will you think less of me if I tell you that Kelvin is the one I miss the most? How could I not? He is so very cute.

No comments: