Sunday, October 17, 2010

The new work apporpriate

I feel like I am in the pre-winter phase. The weather is still good, if a little chilly in the mornings but I can't help looking ahead to colder days. I am putting away squashes from the farmers market and making jam. And buying special cold weather gear.

I asked around and people told me that insulated carhartts are perfect for working outside. I think they make me look hip and thug-ish. Or maybe that is just the thug standing behind me. I feel surprised that I have a job that is good for insulated coveralls. I thought I was leaving that behind when I left the farm for college. So now my new work appropriate is not about too much cleavage or wearing jeans at work. It is about staying warm enough.

I am trying to enjoy the fall as well. Nathan went to a pumpkin patch and came back with a huge pumpkin for the kids. This means we'll have to find time to carve it before the 31st. I love to carve pumpkins so I don't mind. Plus I love to do activities with the kids.
I made a "date" with Wes and Timmy. The library is playing "How to train your dragon" and I know they love that movie. My plan is to pick them up then treat them to cheap fast food (yes, I know it's bad) and a free movie. It fits nicely in my budget and will give me a little time with the boys. I am hoping it will also up my hippness factor with them. Favorite aunt status here I come.

I have another project in the works. I don't have that many details yet but so far it involves reclaimed wood.

I hope it works out or I went though a lot of nail pulling for nothing.

1 comment:

Clover said...

I just wanted you to know I love your blog and I love the photos! Looking forward to putting Eddie to work on your coop. :)