Monday, October 26, 2009

Not in your mouth

The summer is gone forever. I put away my skirts and shorts: I won't need them for a while. Despite a very cold start the fall has been kind of pleasant. I love the dry leaves on the ground; they make such a satisfying *crunch* when I crush them. I also love eating squash, wearing sweaters, getting to sleep under my comforter (not possible in the summer) and carving pumpkins.
I had a couple of people over this weekend and we cut open the pumpkins we raised this summer. Kind of sinister really.

Kelvin pretended to help out. I'm surprised he didn't think touching the inside was gross. He found it so not gross that we were taking pumpkin innards out of his mouth all night. Gross!


Kelvin wasn't the only newbie pumpkin carver. We have the nicest downstairs neighbors; David and Darime (spelling?). She is from South Korea and this is, I think, her second year here. But last year the awesome tradition of cutting up a pumpkin missed her. So this year was her very first pumpkin. She did a great job. She used to carve wood so I guess this is small peas in comparison. Sorry about the grainy pictures. There wasn't much light and Becky didn't know the camera had a flash, silly Becky.
Anyway, we carved pumpkins and it was fab. What did they look like? You must be dying to know. We put them on the steps and light them most nights.

From left to right they are Doug's, Darime's, mine and Ian's pumpkins. I love them all.

No comments: