Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rescue Irises follow-up

Anyone remember the flowers Ian and I rescued last spring? They didn't bloom last year, probably because of stress, but they are making up for it this year. I love irises and these ones are classic. That is how I think of the purple ones, at least. I like that when we leave this place there will be some proof that we were here, more flowers. There are other small things we did like the boxes around the trees and red tulips in the early summer.


I'm sorry if every post some how turns out to be about how life is changing. It is foremost on my mind these days. Graduation is next week, then field camp, then life beyond school. There is no plan right now and this makes us nervous. Even if life is not all sunshine and flowers I can pretend it is right now.


These flowers make me think of my Grandma. She is classic wonderful Grandmotherness and had a huge patch of irises. I love you, Grandma.

Note: I may be repeating myself a bit but I am too lazy to go back and read my other posts. So you'll just have to suffer repetition because you love me.

2 comments:

Clover said...

They look great! And when you move, it you want, you can take a small clump with you so you can always remember. Or not... Even if you do not bloom this year because of stress and rehoming, there is always next year.

RaeAnn said...

I know your plan! You are going to move closer to the Tri-Cities because there are great geology jobs here...not to mention a niece and two nephews that miss their Auntie